Uniting Readers & Book Lovers across Websites
The Post-American Presidency by Pam Geller

A book on the Obama Administration by Pam Geller

< read all 1 reviews

What else could he be?

• Sep 25, 2010
Rating:
+4

Pam Geller's excellent Book:  The Post-American Presidency:  The Obama Administration's War on America.  (Full disclosure I know the author personally) give a road map to the history of President Obama and his atypical presidency.

When looking at the Obama presidency as unique most people look at his race as the defining said uniqueness.  While significant historically it is frankly unimportant in terms of governance.  Much more important is the real difference between him and his predecessors, philosophy and worldview that he brings to the office.

Geller looks at the president's past, his upbringing, his influences and the crowd that he has spent his time with on the path that took him to the White House.  She makes the case that in all of these cases he has been steered and mentored in a direction that is contrary to basic American philosophy.

Given the influences, the professors, the radicals and the Marxists he has surrounded himself with.  People who have a world view that America is the chief problem of the world rather than the last best hope of it. It frankly would be a wonder if he had a different philosophy than what he does.

Readers of Pam's Blog Atlas Shrugs will be familiar with a fair amount of the material but to a new reader it will be a bit of an eye opener and will explain much of what we have seen over the last two years.

The book itself is easy to read, but it does have weaknesses.  Pam is a tireless advocate both against Jihad and sharia law and for Israel she rightly give a fair amount of his support for the first and his opposition to the latter, but in tends to overwhelm the middle of the book to the point where it nearly takes over the thesis.  It is a fair point but I think a second volume focusing on that particular part of the Obama philosophy might be in order instead.

Likewise I would have stressed put more stress on appointments, those who are appointed will be making decisions that might not make the front pages, but will have an affect on Americans nationwide.  She gives these people space but I would like to have seen more of it because it is not the man himself but the ADMINISTRATION that can be claimed to be "post American".

All in all this book is quite an accomplishment, particularly for a first time author.  I look forward to seeing more work from Pan in the future.

Well done.

What did you think of this review?

Helpful
Thought-Provoking
Fun to Read
Well-Organized
Post a Comment
About the reviewer
Peter Ingemi ()
Ranked #133
   I am a blogger who hosts a Saturday evening Radio show on WCRN 830 AM out of Worcester Mass. I blog about politics, religion, baseball and doctor who at datechguy.wordpress.com I also cover … more
Consider the Source

Use Trust Points to see how much you can rely on this review.

You
DaTechGuy
Your ratings:
rate more to improve this
About this book

Wiki

Popular conservative blogger Pamela Geller and New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer sound a wake-up call for Americans to stop the Obama administration from limiting our hard-won freedoms, silencing our democratic voices, and irreparably harming America for generations to come.

America is being tested in a way that she has never been tested before. Since taking the oath of office in January 2009, President Barack Obama has cheered our enemies and demoralized our allies. He is hard at work "remaking" America by destroying the free-market system and nationalizing major segments of our economy, demonizing dissent and restricting freedom of speech, turning against our longtime friends, and above all, subjecting us to the determinations of foreign authorities.

In this timely and urgent battle cry, Pamela Geller, founder of the widely popular website www.AtlasShrugs.com, and New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer team up to expose the Obama administration’s destructive agenda—largely ignored by the mainstream media—and rally Americans to protect the sovereignty of a country that is under siege by the highest levels of its own government. As Americans see their paychecks shrinking every day, Obama ignores our forefathers’ founding principle: individual rights. Instead, he seeks to level the playing field—to transform both the global and national landscape in favor of our enemies—even if it ...

view wiki

Details

ISBN-10: 1439189307
ISBN-13: 978-1439189306
Author: Pamela Geller
Publisher: Threshold Editions

First to Review
Cafe Libri: Reviewing Books & More is part of the Lunch.com Network - Get this on your site
()
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
comments
ratings
questions
compliments
lists