Cafe Libri: Reviewing Books & More
Cafe Libri: Reviewing Books & More
Uniting Readers & Book Lovers across Websites
John Adams

An audiobook read by Edward Herrmann on a book by David McCullough.

< read all 2 reviews

A Quick Tip by Adrianna

• Apr 6, 2011
Click here to read the book review.

John Adams by David McCullough was my favorite audio read from 2010. There are so many things I enjoyed about this book that I can't wait to pore over the text version in the near future.

I recommend that people listen to the audio book when they are alert and awake, so none of the facts/narrative is missed. It's a really compelling read, and everyone will learn something new about John Adams, the second president of the United States, after reading or listening to this book.

Try checking Borders bargain shelves for a great deal on this audio book. I was lucky enough to find a copy for $9.99.
Caption Caption
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
Was this helpful?
Post a Comment
May 11, 2011
I just read your longer review on this audio book. It was very good. I like your quick tip on this audio book also. Sounds interesting.
May 18, 2011
Aw, thanks for taking the time to read both, Pard!

More John Adams (audiobook) reviews
review by . April 06, 2011
John Adams: A Prolific American
I had heard amazing things about David McCullough's research and writing abilities but hadn't read anything by him until John Adams. I bought it purely because I was looking for some audio books to listen to during my long trips visiting family. Lucky for me, I found an unabridged copy on sale for $9.99 at Borders. Since buying this audio book, I've seen the collection sell for as much as $40+ dollars, so I'm especially elated at the price of the purchase.    …
About the reviewer
Adrianna Simone ()
Ranked #9
MY GROUPS (AND COMMUNITY):      The following information was taken from the officialCafe Libri Website.   Cafe Libri (Yahoo Reading Discussion Group)is the original Cafe … more
Consider the Source

Use Trust Points to see how much you can rely on this review.

You
Adrianna
Your ratings:
rate more to improve this
About this book

Wiki

Gordon S. WoodThe New York Review of BooksBy far the best biography of Adams ever written...McCullough's special gift as an artist is his ability to re-create past human beings in all their fullness and all their humanity. In John and Abigail he has found characters worthy of his talent.

Walter IsaacsonTimeA masterwork of storytelling.

Michiko KakutaniThe New York TimesLucid and compelling...[Written] in a fluent narrative style that combines a novelist's sense of drama with a scholar's meticulous attention to the historical record.

Marie AranaThe Washington PostMcCullough is one of our most gifted living writers.
view wiki

Details

ISBN-10: 0743572424
ISBN-13: 978-0743572422
Author: David McCullough
Genre: Biographies & Memoirs, Books on CD
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
First to Review
Cafe Libri: Reviewing Books & More is part of the Lunch.com Network - Get this on your site
()
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
comments
ratings
questions
compliments
lists